I have already created a post Copying Base Project in Reposoitory to new Project in Eclipse/FDT, and wanted to document my approach in creating a Flash project from scratch. The advantage of starting a project from scratch from a Subversion Repository is the ability to use Trac from the onset of the project.
- FDT 3.0
- Eclipse 3.4 – Ganymede
- Subclipse plugin
- Mac OSX 10.4
- OSX Terminal
- First create folder to create Repository in –
- Open SVN Repository Exploring Perspective in Eclipse
- Ctrl Click in left hand panel of Perspective and select New -> Repository Location
- Add location – in my case
- Ctrl Click on icon for the new repository icon and select Checkout
- Open the Flash FDT Perspective in Eclipse, and select New Flash Project, create project with the same name
- Create folder structure as required
- In the Terminal create a new SVN ready folder in the correct location
svnadmin create AS3_EMBED_TEST
Click on Next, then Finish and a valid Subversion Directory will be created in the selected location.